The Flintstone Kids is an American animated television series, produced by Hanna-Barbera Productions, which aired from 1986 to 1988 on ABC as part of the weekday/weekend morning programming block, The Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera. The series is a spin-off prequel of The Flintstones. However, the series disregards the established continuity of the previous series, in which Fred and Barney met Wilma and Betty as adults.
The series featured 4 different segments:
- The Flintstone Kids: The "main" segment of the series that follows the adventures of Fred, Barney, Wilma, Betty and Dino as children. This segment would either be the length of a full episode or be split into two different stories.
- Flintstone Funnies: Freddy, Barney, Wilma and Betty dream of exciting fantasy/adventures. These were only featured in the first season.
- Captain Caveman and Son: The adventures of Captain Caveman and his son, Cavey Jr. This segment was also featured in the Flintstone Kids segments as a "show within a show" as "Captain Caveman and Son" is a TV show watched by the main characters.
- Dino's Dilemmas: This segment featured the adventures and misadventures of Freddy's pet dinosaur Dino.
- Charlie Adler – Cavey Jr.
- Bever-Leigh Banfield – Mayor of Bedrock
- Michael Bell – Mr. Billy Bad
- Mel Blanc – Dino, Robert Rubble, Captain Caveman, Piggy McGrabit
- Susan Blu – Dreamchip Gemstone, Janet Granite, Victoria Lithonstone-Gemstone
- Hamilton Camp – Barney Rubble, Flab Slab
- Henry Corden – Ed Flintstone, Edna Flintstone
- Julie Dees – Wilma Slaghoople (1986–1987), Mica Slaghoople, Mickey Slaghoople, Tarpit Tommy
- June Foray – Grandma Cavemom
- Elizabeth Lyn Fraser – Wilma Slaghoople (1987–1988)
- Buster Jones – Officer Bob Quartz
- Kenneth Mars – Narrator in "Captain Caveman and Son" segments
- Scott Menville – Freddy Flintstone (1987–1988)
- Rob Paulsen – Additional Voices
- Bumper Robinson – Philo Quartz
- Michael Rye – Ricky Slaghoople
- Ronnie Schell – Yuckster
- Marilyn Schreffler – Rocky Ratrock, Flo Rubble
- John Stephenson – Ditto Master, Victor Gemstone
- Jean Vander Pyl – Pearl Pebbles Slaghoople
- B.J. Ward – Betty Bricker, Mrs. Rockbottom
- Lennie Weinrib – Freddy Flintstone (1986–1987), Police Commissioner
- Frank Welker – Nate Slate, Stalagbite, Fang
On March 11, 2014, Warner Home Video released The Flintstone Kids: Rockin' in Bedrock, a 2-disc set featuring 10 episodes from the first season, on DVD.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.