|This article is a stub, meaning it is under 2,500 bytes. You can help the Wiki by expanding it!|
Sheep in the Big City was an American animated television series that ran on Cartoon Network from 2000-2002. The series' pilot first premiered as part of Cartoon Network's "Cartoon Cartoon Summer" on August 18, 2000. The show was greenlit and started airing on November 17, 2000 and ended on April 7, 2002, lasting a total of 26 episodes and 1 pilot. The show was created by Mo Willems, who later worked on Codename: Kids Next Door. Reruns aired from 2002-2003. Sheep in the Big City is the 9th Cartoon Cartoon.
Sheep goes to the city to get away from General Specific, and his minion Private Public to avoid being tested on weaponry, and military related subjects at the Secret Military Organization.
- Sheep- The protagonist of the series. Despite his anthropomorphism, he cannot speak English. He only bleats.
- Farmer John- Sheep's owner until Sheep left the farm. His real name is "Fahr Mer John". His first name is Fahr because "his parents wanted him to go far in life".
- General Specific- The villain of the series, performing ridiculous attempts at kidnapping sheep. He works in a very clearly indicated secret headquarters. His name is an oxymoron.
- Private Public- One of Gen. Specific's minions. His name is also an oxymoron.
- The Angry Scientist- a mad scientist whom Gen. Specific hired. He gets upset when he's called a "mad scientist", preferring the name "angry scientist". He has a mock-German accent, a classic allusion to Einstein.
- Oxymoron- An ox who acts as the mascot for the fictional sponsor of the show.
|Pilot episode||August 18th, 2000|
|1||13||November 17th, 2000||July 29th, 2001|
|2||13||December 2nd, 2001||April 7th, 2002|
Pilot episode (2000)
|Name:||Directed by:||Written By:||original airdate:|
|In the Baa-gining||August 18th, 2000|
Season 1 (2000-2001)
|1||1||Be Still My Bleating Heart!||11/17/00|
|2||2||Too Bleat or Not to Bleat!||11/24/00|
|3||3||Belle of the Baah!||12/1/00|
|4||4||Going off the Sheep End||12/8/00|
|5||5||Home for the Baa-lidays||12/29/00|
|6||6||Can't Live Without Ewe||1/12/01|
|7||7||15 Muttons of Fame!||1/26/01|
|8||8||The Agony of De-Bleat||3/2/01|
|9||9||Baa-ck in Time||3/23/01|
|10||10||Fleeced to Meet you!||6/10/01|
|11||11||A Star is Shom!||6/24/01|
|13||13||To Sheep, Perchance the Dream!||7/29/01|
Season 2 (2001-2002)
|14||1||Wish You Were Shear||12/2/01|
|16||3||Flock, Up in the Sky||12/16/01|
|17||4||My, How Ewe Have Changed||12/23/01|
|18||5||Party of the Shear||2/10/02|
|19||6||The Wool of the People||2/17/02|
|21||8||The Wool is Not Enough||3/3/02|
|22||9||The Beauty and the Bleats||3/10/02|
|23||10||An Officer and a Gentle-lamb||3/17/02|
|24||11||Oh, the Ewemanity||3/24/02|
|25||12||Here Goes Mutton||3/31/02|
|26||13||Baa-hind the Scenes||4/7/02|
Appearances in other media
Sheep was a playable racer in Cartoon Network Speedway for GameBoy Advance.
Sheep appeared on Cartoon Network's 20th birthday party TV bumper.
Sheep made a cameo appearance in the OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes episode, Crossover Nexus, as one of the Cartoon Network heroes that were summoned and defeated by Strike.
The first season was available on iTunes. However, it was taken off of iTunes for unknown reasons. In the UK, 3 episodes (excluding the pilot) have been released on a DVD. The pilot is on the Powerpuff Girls "Powerpuff Bluff" DVD and also on the Powerpuff Girls "Dream Scheme" VHS tape (although there was a mistake on the back cover of the tape saying it has a bonus cartoon of Courage the Cowardly Dog).
As of 2021, it is currently unknown if this show will ever again see the light of day on the network or ever appear on its sister Boomerang. This is classified as one of Cartoon Network’s few most sought after series, others being The Moxy Show, Whatever Happened to... Robot Jones?, and Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi.
- Sheep in the Big City was the third original Cartoon Network program to be added to the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays block line up, the first two being "Mike, Lu & Og" and "Courage the Cowardly Dog".
- Sheep in the Big City was the first Cartoon Network Series to premiere in the 2000's.