Regular Show is a 2010 American animated television series created by J.G. Quintel. It was greenlit on August 14, 2009 by Cartoon Network and debuted on September 6, 2010 (followed by the premiere of MAD). It is based on a short made for the scrapped Cartoonstitute and features characters from two of the creator's student films, "2 in the AM PM" and "The Naive Man from Lolliland". It is rated TV-PG (sometimes TV-PG-V). It is one of the first cartoons on Cartoon Network to heavily feature suggestive language.
Filming for the first season began on November 14, 2009. Producers decided to split the first season in half with the episode "Ello Gov'nor" being advertised as the season two premiere and finished on October 17, 2010. The show officially aired on September 6, 2010 with the episode "The Power".
On September 13, 2010, the show was renewed for a 3rd season and began filming on January 4, 2011 and finished on February 6, 2012 and started with the episode "Stick Hockey". On December 13, 2011 the show was renewed for a 4th season filming began March 12, 2012 and aired on October 1, 2012 with "Exit 9B" filming for this season, which finished on February 8, 2013.
In 2013, few of the Season 1 episodes were edited with the mild profanity "piss" replaced with more appropriate literature "tick".
The show concluded on January 16, 2017.
As of Memorial Day 2018, reruns can now be found on Boomerang.
2 best friends, a blue jay named Mordecai and a brown raccoon named Rigby, work as groundskeepers at a park and spend their days trying to entertain themselves by perfecting useless skills during work hours or any means necessary, much to the chagrin of Benson, a high-tempered gumball machine, and Skips, a yeti, but to the delight of Pops, a naïve English gentleman with a lollipop-shaped head. Muscle Man, an overweight and green man, and Hi Five Ghost, a ghost with a hand extending from the top of his head, are both neutral about Rigby and Mordecai's shenanigans. The episodes usually revolve around the two's personal life such as obtaining concert tickets, getting cake, or making up for a mess they have caused, often leading to highly surreal and unusual events. Rigby pressures Mordecai into doing bad stuff and slacking by working his way around the hard, cold truth.
- Mr. Maellard
- Colonel Rawls
- Peggy Gutsmandottir
- Regular Show consists of some characters from J.G. Quintel's old college films and sketches mashed together in one show.
- Pops, Mordecai and Benson are the only 3 main characters that are in J.G. Quintel's college films and sketches.
- Regular Show is currently the second long running series on Cartoon Network, the first being Adventure Time, and the third being The Amazing World of Gumball.
- Sam Marin has taken the voicing role as Muscle Man, Pops, and Benson. He has also voiced a few side characters.
- J.G. Quintel was the Creative Director for another Cartoon Network series The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack.
- The show was originally going to be about Mordecai and Rigby taking care of a zoo filled with humans.
- Regular Show is considered as the sister series to the other Cartoon Network series Adventure Time, since both cartoons have crazy-detailed plots, Romance situations, & being based around the lives of two best friends in a weird setting.
Appearances in other projects
- Slack Pack (April 3, 2012)
- The Best DVD in the World *At this Moment in Time (November 6, 2012)
- Party Pack (March 5, 2013)
- Fright Pack (September 3, 2013)
- Mordecai & Margaret Pack (February 11, 2014)
- Rigby Pack (September 9, 2014)
- Regular Show and Friends (October 7, 2014)
- Mordecai Pack (January 27, 2015)
- Regular Show: The Movie (October 13, 2015)
- English: Regular Show
- Spanish: Historias Corrientes (Spain)/ Un Show Mas (Latin America)
- Hungarian: Park műsor
- French Castillian: Le Regular Series
- Polish: Zwyczajny Serial
- Turkish: Sürekli Dizi
- Italian: Regular Show
- Romanian: Un Show obisnuit
- Brazilian Portuguese: Apenas um Show
- Bulgarian: Пaрк шoy
- Russian: Обычный мультик
- Chinese (Taiwan Ver.): 天兵公園
- Filipino: Pang-karaniwang na Palabas
- Korean: 레귤러 쇼 (Regular Show)
- Vietnamese: Chương trình thường nhật (Regular Show)
- Arabic: العرض العادي
- Cartoon Network (2010-2017) (reruns: 2017; 2018; 2019)
- Boomerang (2018-2019; reruns)