Looney Tunes Cartoons is an American animated web television series developed by Peter Browngardt and produced by Warner Bros. Animation, based on the characters from Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies. The series made its worldwide debut at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival on June 10, 2019 and premiered on HBO Max on May 27, 2020. The series aired on Cartoon Network from July 5 to July 16, 2021.
On June 11, 2018, Warner Bros. Animation announced that a new series, which would "consist of 1,000 minutes spread across 1–6 minute shorts", would be released in 2019 and that it would feature "the brand's marquee characters voiced by their current voice actors in simple gag-driven and visually vibrant stories". The style of the series is to be reminiscent to those of Tex Avery, Chuck Jones, Friz Freleng, Robert McKimson, Bob Clampett and others. President of Warner Bros. Animation, Sam Register (creator of Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi), along with Peter Browngardt (the creator of Secret Mountain Fort Awesome and Uncle Grandpa), serve as executive producers for the series. The series will bring all of the franchise's characters together under one roof, including both marquee characters as well as minor and mroe obscure characters.
Looney Tunes Cartoons is made using Toon Boom Harmony, with most parts being traditionally animated. A trailer for the series was released on April 21, 2020. A short Pest Coaster was released on May 5, 2020 on the WB Kids YouTube channel as a sneak preview ahead of the release date. Another short, Wet Cement was released on May 10, 2020 on the HBO Max Youtube channel as a another sneak preview ahead of the release date.
- Eric Bauza – Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety, Pepé Le Pew, Marvin the Martian, Hubie and Bertie, Speedy Gonzales, Barnyard Dawg, The Weasel, Charlie Dog, Yoyo Dodo, The French House
- Bob Bergen – Porky Pig, Cicero Pig, The Gremlin, The Dead End Kid
- Jeff Bergman – Sylvester, Elmer Fudd, Foghorn Leghorn, Ralph Wolf
- Fred Tatasciore – Taz, Yosemite Sam, Sam Sheepdog, Gossamer, Mugsy, Monkeybird
- Michael Ruocco – Beaky Buzzard
- Candi Milo – Granny
- James Adomian – Rocky
- Corey Burton – Ghost, Monster, Announcer
- Kari Wahlgren — Rich Lady, Lady (Pest Coaster), Baby Doll (Pest Coaster), Cow
- Keith Ferguson – Cecil Turtle, C.H.A.M.P.
- Rachel Butera – Mama Buzzard
- Kevin Michael Richardson – The Gashouse Gorillas
- Tom Kenny – Mad Scientist
- James Arnold Taylor – Russian Dog
- Carlos Alazraqui – O’Pat, Bus Driver, Cop
- Jennifer Hale – Agent, Boy
- Steve Blum – Goon, Proctor
- Roger Craig Smith – Dunk Ellington, Longboy, Machine
- Stephen Stanton – Pete Puma
- Lara Jill Miller – Petunia Pig
- Paul Julian - Road Runner (archival recordings), (uncredited)
The first season of Looney Tunes Cartoons officially premiered on HBO Max on May 27, 2020 with 10 Episodes that were available at launch. The series aired several sneak peeks on YouTube with the first one being Dynamite Dance which was released on youtube on Jun 12, 2019 and 10 shorts were shown at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival two days earlier.
The first 10 shorts debuted at Annecy International Animated Film Festival in June 2019 and were met with very positive reactions, being described as true to the spirit of the original Looney Tunes shorts. Movie reviewing site Oneofus.net noted "While only time will tell if these shorts will become classics, they decidedly will be seen as a noble attempt to bring the “Looney” back into Looney Tunes. The cartoons are manic, beautifully animated, and feature amazing voice acting. Even the music tries to recapture the spirit of the originals." Even the characters are doing like what they did in old 30s and 40s shorts.