|Previous Year||Current Year||Next Year|
In 1998, Cartoon Network's seventh original cartoon, The Powerpuff Girls, premieres.
|# Cartoon||Name||Premiere Date||End Date|
|7||The Powerpuff Girls||November 18, 1998||March 25, 2005|
|Name||Premiere Date||End Date|
|Batman: The Animated Series||March 2, 1998||2002|
|Sailor Moon||June 1, 1998||November 16, 2000|
|Animaniacs||August 30, 1998||August 24, 2001|
|Dragon Ball Z||August 31, 1998||April 7, 2003|
- Season 2 of Cow and Chicken premieres with the episode "Fluffy the Anaconda/The Laughing Puddle/I.R. Mommy".
- Cartoon Network acquires the broadcasting rights to Batman: The Animated Series and begins airing it.
- The branding of the network transitions from Starburst (with the Checkerboard bumpers) to Powerhouse. However, the bumpers and promos from the Checkerboard and Starburst eras are still used until April.
- Cartoon Network airs a marathon of the 50 Greatest Cartoons of All Time.
- Cartoon Network acquires the broadcasting rights to the Japanese anime series Sailor Moon and begins airing it on the Toonami programming block.
- Season 2 of Dexter's Laboratory ends with the episode "Last But Not Beast," which served as the series finale until the series returned in 2001.
- Cartoon Network's 2nd animated movie programming block, Cartoon Network's Cartoon Theatre, premieres.
- Season 5 of Space Ghost Coast to Coast premieres with the episode "Terminal".
- Cartoon Network acquires the broadcasting rights to the Japanese anime series Dragon Ball Z and begins airing it on the Toonami programming block, leading to great ratings success.
- Cartoon Network airs a 25 hour marathon of Scooby-Doo, titled Those Meddling Kids: 25 Hours of Doo, in 24 hours thanks to the Daylight Savings time change which added an extra hour to the day.
- "Kenny and the Chimp in Diseasy Does It!," a pilot created by Mr. Warburton, premieres on November 6, 1998 during the Cartoon Cartoon Weekend.
- "Mike, Lu & Og in Crash Lancelot," a pilot created by Charles Swenson, Mikhail Shindel and Mikhail Aldashin, premieres on November 7, 1998, during the Cartoon Cartoon Weekend. The pilot was picked up by Cartoon Network and Mike, Lu & Og premiered in 1999.
- Cartoon Network's 8th original series, The Powerpuff Girls, premieres with the episode "Monkey See, Doggie Do/Mommy Fearest".
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.